Considerations when using United Record Pressing
To proceed to United's web-site, click Here
- Suggested Times for United Record Pressing
These time suggestions are taken from United's order forms. We have cut longer times, and United has pressed them, but they have informed us that they cannot be held responsible for records that are longer than these times.
Time per Side
|Size||33-1/3 rpm||45 rpm|
- Damage to Stampers
Although my plater covers stampers from breakage up to the first 1000 records on the first run, United has been breaking stampers at an alarming rate. We can no longer cover stampers used at United for more than 500 records. Therefore, the choices for runs of over 500 records pressed through United are:
- Have the mother plates sent to United. If they break the stampers, they may make new stampers from the mothers.
- Have United handle the plating. This would reduce your price to Aardvark by the plating fee as only the mastering and shipping charges would apply. You must state you are using United for plating on your order form. Aardvark will still cover mastering issues, but will not cover any additional plating charges incurred.
- Be advised that United will not keep your stampers or mothers for more than 6 months. After that, they may be discarded. A re-order will require a complete re-master. If United has your mothers, please have them returned to you so you can have them for future re-orders.
- Samples and Copyrighted Material
- United's information concerning samples:
The definition of a sample is: Any sound clip from another musical recording, TV broadcast, movie clip, radio, live performances or any other source that is transferred from a separate recording performed by someone other than the group submitting the order, regardless of length.
Samples are a copyright infringement. ALL samples require licensing. The licensing MUST accompany the order as to not delay production of your order. Licensing must be obtained from the copyright owner of the material being sampled. ANY sample must be licensed regardless of length.
If material is submitted that contains an unauthorized sample, the order will be rejected and you will be billed for charges incurred up to the point where an audio test could be performed, including an order cancellation fee.
Your original source material will be returned along with any balance remaining from your deposit after charges have been applied. Licensing for samples CAN NOT be obtained from Harry Fox Agency (www.harryfox.com). Harry Fox can only license cover material.
- United's information concerning cover songs:
If you are releasing a vinyl cover song and have licensed it through The Harry Fox Agency (mechanical license), and you are using our companion free digital download service, a mechanical license for the vinyl is required as well as with the digital license for the digital download companion to your vinyl release.
Please visit http://www.harryfox.com/public/licenseeServicesDigital.jsp for additional information regarding this service.
- Samples are a gray area as there are laws permitting the use of material under certain circumstances. United's stand is that you don't have this option. They will review your record for any samples or use of cover songs, and reject your project.