Inside out cuts: Record starts at the middle, plays to the edge, and falls off. No extra charge. Specify if you want us to prevent the stylus from falling off the edge.
Double Grooves: Two distinct tracks recorded interlaced. Times have to be equal for each groove, and each selection must be half the length of a loud cut. Extra charge of dg7 per side for 7", dg12 per side for 10/12".
Roulette Records: Like the double groove records, but with between 4 and 40 distinct tracks interlaced. Times have to be equal for each groove. See the chart for times and groove ranges. Set-up charge of $40 per side for 7", $60 per side for 12".
Our lathe can accommodate four different cutting pitches for roulette records, 7.6, 15.4, 10.5, & 21.3 lines per inch. The times per groove are given above. These times cannot be increased, nor mixed. The suggested number of grooves will allow for cutting at standard reference level. Everything above the suggested number of grooves will require volume reduction.
- As you can see above, more grooves means less time.
- No groove should exceed the maximum time decided upon for that side.
- Every groove should be as close as possible to the same time length.
- There is no lead in spiral. The outer edge of the record will be blank. There will be a groove at the edge of the record to keep the needle from falling off the edge.
- There is no run-out groove. There will be an area for wax messages and the matrix number in the center area near the label.
- A set-up charge of $40 per side for 7", $60 per side for 12" will apply above the normal mastering fee.
Locked grooves are groove that intentionally repeats every turn of the record. There are two forms of locks;
- Fall-in locks are put at the end of a selection. The groove is locked forming a concentric circle at the end of the music making the last 1.8 or 1.3333 seconds repeat until someone lifts the tone arm.
- Stand-alone locks are a single groove cut as a concentric circle.
- Time for a lock is 1.8 seconds at 33, and 1.3333 seconds at 45.
- The is no extra charge for up to 4 per record.
- The charges are lg per lock over the initial 4 above the standard mastering charges.
- Remember that locks are tricky, and I can't guarantee that they will all be 100% perfect.
- It is preferred that the tracks are sent as .WAV files exactly 1.8 seconds long for 33rpm, and 1.3333 seconds for 45rpm.
One Sided Records
Not that this is a weirdness, but sometimes folks just want one side to press.
If the other side is blank, you may have a charge from the pressing plant for a blank stamper. Check with them. If you want the flip side to be exactly the same as the first, we can provide a second stamper to accommodate this.
The charge for the second stamper is st. If the second stamper is ordered after the mastering, there will be a stShip shipping charge.
|One Siders||Seven Inch||Twelve/Ten Inch|